As a member of Primeplus Norfolk Senior Center you can participate in a wide variety of educational programs and services. We offer programs that are active and flexible to meet the changing needs of the senior community. We focus on quality, cooperation and coordination to support the needs of our seniors.
Some of the classes and activities we offer include:
• AARP Driver Safety Program
• American Sign Language (ASL)
• Edward Jones Financial Workshops – offered on a variety of subjects important to seniors and those close to retirement.
• Music lessons including guitar, violin and others as requested.
• Spanish lessons, beginner, conversational and intermediate.
• We have a Notary Public to help with any of our members needs.
Health Screening Opportunities include:
• Blood Pressure Screening
• Diabetes Education
• Design your own fitness and health program with our fitness instructors
• Flu Shots
• Hearing checks
Our facility also includes access to:
∗ Visually Impaired Library
The Library contains a number of large print books, audiotapes, and videocassettes that can be checked out by our members for free. Open Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
∗ Wireless Wednesdays – schedule a time for one on one training on how to use your smart phone, iPad or lap top.
∗ Computer Lab – if you just need access to a computer, we’ve got you covered there as well. Call ahead and schedule a time and you can use the computer lab and printer as needed.
∗ From time to time we schedule classes associated with technology and continued learning opportunities. You can learn more about the classes and courses we offer by clicking on the link to our calendar. Special classes are often added at the request of our members – feel free to call and chat with a program officer and see if the class you are interested is coming soon!