No treatment is available to slow or stop Alzheimer’s disease. Despite the lack of disease-modifying therapies, studies have consistently shown that participation in physical and mental activities in adult daycare programs are beneficial. Innovative and creative progamming are key components of our services. Some of these activities are:
- Indoor Walking and light exercise
- Weekly Men’s Group, (facilitated by participants)
- Weekly Women’s Group
- Primeplus Players Theatrical Group, (facilitated by community volunteers)
A critical element of our Adult Day Program is mental and physical stimulation to delay the decline of cognitive function for participants. Caregivers and family members have shared that their communication with their loved one is improved.
We also engage our participants with mind-stimulating activities such as:
- Games, such as bingo, pictures, Uno and trivia.
- Art-in-the-Making, (watercolor painting, collage & ceramic projects.)
- Music Makers, (listening, sing-a-longs and dance.)
- Mind stimulating discussions on a variety of topics.
- Home-cooked meals & nutritious snacks daily.
- Special holiday celebrations & events monthly.
We partner with other community organizations and groups who provide entertainment:
Silver Tappers, Tidewater Outreach musicians, poetry readings and a variety of children’s performance groups.